How to Upgrade Magento2.x lower version to Magento2.x higher version:
In Magento2.x upgrading version from lower to Higher version process is very simple comparable with Magento1.x We just want to run some command from command prompt with necessary files & permission. That’s it upgrade is over. Follow below steps to upgrade lower to higher version in magento2.x
Ex: Using below steps will upgrade Magento2.x to Magento2.1.4 version.
1. Root>composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.1.4 –no-update
2. Root> composer update
3. rm -rf var/di var/generation
4. php bin/magento cache:clean
5. php bin/magento cache:flush
6. php bin/magento setup:upgrade
7. php bin/magento setup:di:compile
8. php bin/magento indexer:reindex
Once you had done above steps Yes upgrade version is ready with your current instance. Using below command you may come to know what is the version available in your package.
php bin/magento –version